Hello and happy days to you. I'm Deborah and I totally LOVE dogs :) I can't have one myself yet, so I dog-sit to get my fix and share the love.
Please note that as much as I love ALL dogs, due to my living circumstances I can only accept small to medium-sized dogs. Thanks for your understanding.
I know you totally love your dog(s) too - maybe even more than your partner or anyone else (promise I won't tell ;) ). So naturally, you're really keen to find a great sitter. Here's a bit about what I offer for Doggy Day Care & Dog Boarding:
- Minimum of 1.5hrs /day of exercise (on &/or off the lead). Normally I provide 1hr of exercise in the morning, 20- 30mins at lunch, 30mins-1hr in the afternoon, then 10-20mins before bed (if staying overnight).
- I allocate dedicated play-time every day.
- Your dog will be outside at least 3 x/day.
- Your dog will have plenty of human company
(we'll not leave your dog alone longer than 3-4hrs if overnighting and only if necessary).We = me and my partner. I'm the primary carer.We'll take your dog out of the city for a countryside/mountain adventure on the weekends.Your dog can sleep with us
(unless you don't allow it).But wait, there's more :)
- Responsibility - I care for your loved one like it was my own, but as YOU wish (I reinforce any training you've implemented and I stick to your rules) and according to your dog's needs and routine if they have one. Including the administration of medications. I keep records of the dogs I care for, I have a list of local vets and emergency numbers, I do a daily tick check and removal, perform any health, hygiene and grooming tasks required and of course, I clean up thoroughly after your dog - yep, also the runny stuff! (I don't pick up dog waste and then leave the plastic and contents behind).
- Experience - It comes with age :) I'm in my 40's. I regularly look after 4 dogs currently. The owners trust me and my partner to care for their dog each time they go away. I've consistently cared for both homes and pets for well over 10 years and looked after many dogs of all shapes, sizes, age, condition and character. I love 'em all. Well admittedly, I'm not a massive fan of dog dribble, but I'll kiss, cuddle and play with them anyway.
- Trustworthiness & Reliability - I'm available to you and will respond to your calls/texts within a few hours if possible. I'll keep you informed and updated and send photos/videos while you're away. I'll do what I say and what is agreed, respecting you and your wishes for your dog. I can provide references upon request.
- Flexibility - I work from home and my work is really flexible so there's plenty of time to play, exercise and smooch with your dog. It also means I can keep to its regular routine if that's important. I also have access to a vehicle so I can respond effectively to emergencies as well as provide a variety of walk and exercise locations.
- Friendly, Playful & Active - I'm from Australia - we're a pretty friendly bunch. I'm also a kid at heart so I like to play and be silly with your dog. I love the outdoors - I hike a lot, so if your dog is up for it, we'll have weekend adventures away from the city. I live really close to Perlacher Forest where we go for walks and trail runs (if your dog likes a workout that is - maybe not the Parcours though hey!). There's plenty of open green space and lead-free areas in my neighbourhood.
- Caring - If your dog sits on the couch with you or sleeps on your bed at your place, they can do it at mine too :) It's really important to me that your dog is happy with me and gets all the affection and/or space it wants and needs while you're away. When your dog's happy, your happy and I'm happy - happy days are good days!
Please note that even though I love all dogs, I'm restricted in my arrangements and can only accept small and medium dogs. Thanks for your understanding.
I really appreciate that you consider me to take care of your "other" best friend. Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to meet and see if I'm a great fit for you and your dog.
All the best