Hello! I am an experienced dog mom. I am from Taiwan, have lived in Berlin for 10+ years. :)
My backround with doggos:
In 2020, I lost my fur baby of 17.5 years old to old age liver failure. I brought her up myself since she was only 3 weeks old, rescued from the streets. She had a very anxious personality because of her early traumatic experiences. When she was only 1.5 months old, I started to train her by myself, using a book, "Dogs Deserve Dialogue" by Judy Moore, as guidelines, building a strong communicative bond based on positive reinforcements. She became very well-behaved (a little territorial at home) and listened (also spoke to me) well.
In my childhood and adolencence, my family had a poodle dog (which lived to 19 years old), a golden retriever and a dobermann - both my parents had to give to my aunt living in the countryside after 4 years because we had to move to the city. I also kept many other animals, such as cats, birds, rabbits, hamsters. I love animals, and I love seeing them happy.
What I know about / can do with doggos:
Since I had cared for my own dog(s) for more than 17 years, I have had a lot of experiences with dogs and am familiar with all sorts of situations:
- I am aware of doggos' safty on streets, parks or at home, interaction with other dogs and strangers, rules on transportation and in/outdoors, possible dangers in lakes (algae) or parks (baits), general environment for good health (temporature, noises, humidity, protection, comfort, healthy organic food/treats).
-I have a keen sense of doggos' needs (physical and mind), and psychological state (moods).
- I can take care of young, adult or senior dogs, and adjust my care to their needs: more training, walking and playing time for the youngs and adults. Shorter but more frequent walks for the seniors, plus medical care. Brain games for all.
- I can help train your dog - walking with leash, basic comments (stop, sit, paw), in general, help train your dog to listen more attentively. Besides basic traininng, I can play intelligence games with your dog while at home as I know how important for them to stimulate their brains.
- My own fur baby used to have anxiety problems. She didn't like strangers, was easily scared (loud noises especially) and had issues getting along with some dogs. So I also can handle dogs with more difficult personalities and can prevent potential troubles while we are outside.
- I've seen my own fur baby through sensitive stomach (vomit, diarrhea), allergy (coughing, sneezing, scratching, paw-chewing), ear infections, injuries and wounds, seizures/epilepsy, old age problems (arthritis, liver issues). I can observe potential health problems from minor symptoms. Moreover, a couple of vets (mobile home visit and clinic team) whom I'm acquinted with are in my neighbourhood. Should there be any needs, the vets are only one phone call away.
A little about what I do and where I live:
- I am a freelancer/PhD student working from home. I study literature/culture and teach online language courses. In my free time I make piano music. I have a lot of flexible time as I typically teach no more than 3 hours per day. I can be all day next to your pet and take several walks a day if needed.
- I live in a small quiet apartment (40sqm, 4F, no lift) in Friedenau, with no outdoor area unfortunately. (For senior dogs, my place would be more suitable for small/medium size doggies which I could carry up/downstairs as I did with my own dog.) However, in spring/summer, I spend time in Volkspark Schöneberg-Wilmersdorf almost daily (10 mins away). I enjoy taking daily walks in the quite streets of Friedenau or Dahlem near Freie University where I study. I also frequent Grünewald, or sometimes a little further away Krümme Lanke and Schlachtensee.
I understand how worrying it can be to have to leave your pet while traveling. If I have a chance to take care of your fur baby, I will make sure they get the best care and keep you updated daily.
Feel free to send me a message to get to know me more or ask me any specific questions. I'm happy to provide some references. Of course, we should always make an appointment to meet before agreeing to any service arrangements.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
*Important Details regarding Dog-Walking and Home-Visit*
For more anxious dogs that need time to warm up with new sitters, Dog Walking and Home Visit are great ways to give your beloved pet the time to know me. After the initial the Meet & Greet, and before the actual Home Boarding or Home Sitting period, owners are welcome to book as many Dog Walking or Home-Visit dates as they see fit.
If you only need Dog Walking and Home Visit services for the day, please understand that for the rate listed here, I can only provide these services in my neighboring districts since I need to limit the traveling distance and time. You can see the following S/U Bahn station and postal code for reference:
S-Innsbrucker Platz, S-Bundesplatz, S-Friedenau, S-Freuerbachstr, U-Friedrich-Wilhelm-Platz, U-Walter-Schreiber-Platz, or Postal Code 12161, 12163, 12159. If you live nearby and don't see your area listed here, please drop me a message! Thank you.
Muyi took care of our 2.5 year old dog for 4 nights. It was great experience and we were really very comfortable during our holiday. She continuously sent pictures. She is also very experienced and has a very nice approach for shy dogs. I can only recommend her!
Muyi is truly fantastic. She asked all the questions to get to know our situation before meeting the dogs, on the walk she shared her experience with pictures and videos to keep my mind at ease, that she was safe and having a nice time. She was so good with the dogs, one who is very nervous around new people and managed to build so much trust in such a small time really warms my heart. I can't think of anyone better to care for my pets.
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, in-house customer support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, no booking fees, no change fees, daily updates and more!